Re: Topband: K1N DQRM Tracking Project

To: Charlie Cunningham <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K1N DQRM Tracking Project
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 07:30:41 -0500
Wouldn't the timescale based on leading edge TOF, be the rise time of the
pulse?

For triangulating on lightning bolts by TOF, rise time doesn't seem to be a
limiting factor because lightning bolts are fast enough to be broadband
across many MHz.

But for ham CW transmissions (which would include many tuner-uppers as well
as the kc cop QRM) rise time is milliseconds. A millisecond in time, is 200
miles, and I would expect a half dozen hams with beams or directional
arrays correlating their headings would be superior.

I have no doubt NSA and maybe FCC can avoid rise time limits through true
interferometry.

Tim N3QE