Re: Topband: K1N DQRM Tracking Project

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K1N DQRM Tracking Project
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 15:46:51 -0800
Greetings top-band community,

Interestingly enough the technology exists right here in our own Ham
community that could go a long way toward finding these DQRM culprits.
    There are some beam forming arrays that operate with SDR technology
where a recording can be made of a target bandwidth and later reviewed with
beam forming techniques to DF using a peak or notch completely after the
event has long gone. In fact directional and strength data can be stored in
perpetuity.
 So my comment is don't underestimate the ability to identify these idiots.
  Being able to actually replay an entire contest and do a strength and
directional analysis in a narrow bandwidth after the fact to me is the
ultimate receiving system.

Lee K7TJR   OR

<I'd be interested in some project like that, but I'm afraid it would only
get to a general area. With maybe 3-10 idiots at any one time, and the 3-10
active at any time probably varying every hour, it might be pretty tough to
do anything meaningful.

Since attention is what they want, I wonder if this effort would not
encourage participation in jamming at a faster rate than it solves anything?

Has anyone ever looked to see if there is any correlation between
intentional QRM and the DX station spreading people over a wide swath of the
band? More than once, I've heard people intentionally threaten to QRM DX
because they were POed that their QSO was interrupted by a pileup.>

<73 Tom >