Re: Topband: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 09:08:47 -0800
On Sat,1/31/2015 5:48 AM, Paul Christensen wrote:
For a long time, Corcom has recognized this for use in their power-entry EMI/RFI filters. Their high-performance line filters use a combination of common-mode and differential-mode components.

In name only. As Tom noted earlier, AC line filters do NOTHING to the Green wire -- it goes right through them. What the power industry calls "common mode" is voltage between neutral and Green. That's NOT common mode as the rest of the world would define it.