Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: Ashton Lee <Ashton.R.Lee@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:05:51 -0700
Perhaps another view.

I live in the bottom of a deep valley where mountains occlude the horizon up to
15-degrees.

So I bought some cheap mountain top property 15 miles from here. From that
location DX radio signals are generally 4-5 S units higher. That is a huge
change of course.

Typically I operate fro the remote station by going there. I can attend to more
of the things that go wrong in contests. But at times I operate from home.

Does it really make a difference? I know this… I am much more likely to be an
active contest participant from a location with signals 4-5 s-units better.