Re: Topband: BCB interference ?

To: "'Chuck Hutton'" <charlesh3@msn.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB interference ?
From: "Charlie" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:47:59 -0400
Pardon me, but an elliptic filter does not tend toward infinite attenuation
in the stopband! The tradeoff, with elliptical filter designs, in which we
incorporate transmission zeroes to increase the cutoff rate into the
stopband, is finite attenuation in the stopband. Indeed, ultimate
attenuation and ripple are essential specifications that must be
incorporated into the design of an elliptical filter. If really high values
of attenuation are required the elliptic filter can be followed by
Butterworth or other all-pole filter section(s)

73,
Charlie, K4OTV