Re: Topband: Anyone using WSPR or WSPR-X?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone using WSPR or WSPR-X?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:33:42 -0700
On Mon,9/1/2014 10:57 AM, Larry wrote:
The most important thing to remember is that you absolutely need a second station as a partner in order to eliminate propagation effects. Otherwise you are not comparing two antennas, but just sampling prop.

The other thing to remember is that you need a statistically significant number of data points which will require a minimum of three days/nights to a week of sampling.

Yes, I strongly agree with both of these points. Indeed, I've preached them. :)

73, Jim K9YC