Re: Topband: Length of Beverages

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Length of Beverages
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:36:43 -0400
In my experience, a 50% VF is associated with a wire lying on the
ground and is in the lower end of measured VF's for wires laying on
the ground. 45% is the lowest I have seen personally.  A regular
beverage up six to eight feet above ground will usually be 95% or
better.

A BOG cut to certain lengths certainly WILL reverse pattern.

Regular beverages will lose a good degree of front-to-back with
unfortunate lengths which might render it useless with a given source
of noise. Beverages closely parallel to long conductors, or with a
blown termination/transformer, or dysfunctional grounding at either
end can also develop unpredictable patterns.

Slinky's have their own private discipline :>)

73, Guy K2AV