Re: Topband: Rig Question

To: "Greg" <n4cc@windstream.net>, "'topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Question
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:22:21 -0400
it sounded like the FT1000D...I then had my friend come in and close his
eyes and did the A/B comparison...and he couldn't tell the difference. So,
yes, the K3 will require some adjustment to be pleasing to any particular
ear but it's pretty easy to do if you want to. (Now he doesn't like the K3 because it's too small. I'll remind him of that when it comes time to send
his radio off to be repaired.)  73, Greg-N4CC

A few people like almost anything, a few people just don't like anything, and most people don't like a few things.

I prefer analog detection of weak signals in noise, but I can live with the K3 when it is adjusted to my liking. I don't like all the menus, and I especially don't like not being able to switch the preamp in and out on both channels with one button when in diversity.

As for transmit audio, there isn't a thing wrong with it. It can be adjusted to almost any taste, except those who specifically don't like the brand.

The K3 does some things virtually no other radio does properly concerning diversity and DX use, and it has excellent close spaced receiver performance, so for me there is really no other choice.

73 Tom