Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "'topband List'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 21:13:07 -0500
Thanks, Tom!  That all makes sense! Come to think of it, the Briggs &
Stratton engine on my 5500 watt generator maintains its speed well. I don't
know what sort of feedback it uses, but it's effective! If I make a big load
change, like bringing on a water heater, I can hear a "pitch" change but the
speed remains constant. In the old days I've seen trucks and tractors used
to run saws for cutting timber. I guess that sort of give awa y  how old I
am and what a "hillbilly" I am!  :-)

Take care down there!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV