Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh

To: <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:38:14 -0500
Thanks, Mike!

Well, I guess I was in denial, perhaps. The last time we had one of these, I
wasn't so crippled. I should have made my way out to the garage and dragged
out the generator and run the cable to the house before the snow and ice
started.
But now. "I am where I am" and just have to do my best to make the best of
it. I have a 5500 watt generator - enough to run everything OK if I do some
intelligent load management. I lost power for 11 days after Hurricane Fran,
and I swore "never again" and bought a generator!

Take care up there!

73,
Charlie,K4OTV