Re: Topband: Low band noise

To: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Low band noise
From: Carl Braun <Carl.Braun@lairdtech.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:03:17 +0000
Bruce

I work with AC inverters for industrial motor control and their presence
obsoleted one of my competitor's overhead crane radio control product
practically overnight.  A simple hand held AM "transistor" radio was placed
within 50' of one of these motor Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) controls and
you could hear the varying frequencies being generated by the IGBT transistors.
 The competitor remote controls were operating in the 200-400 KHz band.  Pray
for dead calm winds at SR and SS.

Carl AG6X