Re: Topband: Low band noise

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Low band noise
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:39:12 -0500
Hi Bruce,

I assume your noise is on top band (just a wild guess). I will lay on plans this weekend to drive a ways south with the R-599 on 160 meters AND an AM broadcast band receiver that allows some directive sniffing to see if the windmill farm down that way is um... 'polluting'. I haven't looked that far ahead on the weather forecasts. If it's icy or there is a blizzard this old goat ain't going there. In the process I suppose I'll find out if my car is 'clean'. I've been lucky so far.

73,

Bill  KU8H