Re: Topband: Shunt feeding the Skyneedle

To: "Carl Braun" <Carl.Braun@lairdtech.com>, "'160'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt feeding the Skyneedle
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:12:56 -0500
Any idea how much top loading that 5 el 46' boom monster contributes?

At a prior QTH in the 80's I had a 90' 25G toploaded with a 10-15-20M stack of PV-4 monobanders and about 18' of mast. The 20M boom was 40' and the tower resonated at 1620KHz if I remember. Sure worked great once I figured out that 60 radials werent so hot over sand and added a mesh extending 50' from the base.

The gamma rod was the shield of 3/4" CATV coax about 2' from the tower and the best tap point was around 60' if I remember.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Braun" <Carl.Braun@lairdtech.com>