Re: Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennas for160???

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennas for160???
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 20:29:35 -0800
On 1/21/2014 5:36 PM, Tom W8JI wrote:
When the antenna is less than 1/2 wave long, and if we do not change the antenna configuration, we can move the feedline around in an antenna until we turn blue and the only thing that changes is feed impedance.

AND, potentially, moving the feedpoint can change the common mode current on the transmission line, which WILL change more than the feedpoint impedance. This will depend on the line (2-wire or coax), the electrical length of the line, the degree of imbalance in the system, the orientation of the feedline with respect to the antenna, and whether the line is isolated on either or both ends by a choke or transformer.

73, Jim K9YC