Re: Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennas for160???

To: "'Mike Waters'" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "'topband List'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennas for160???
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:40:31 -0500
Well, I've worked a lot of good stuff all over the world on 160 with an
inverted L with two elevated radials - because that's what I had room for.
If you get up to 4 symmetrical elevated radials there's not much to be
gained by adding more. There's been a lot of work done in the broadcast
industry using elevated radials to replace deteriorated buried radial fields
that shows that pretty clearly. It was published in some IEEE transactions
some years ago.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV