Re: Topband: Are stacked verticals feasible?

To: Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Are stacked verticals feasible?
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 17:04:17 -0700
Mike,

Tom,  W8JI has a comparison between 1/4 wave and 5/8 wave vertical mobile
antennas here:   http://www.w8ji.com/VHF%20mobile%20vertical.htm
He is comparing mobile antennas but it looks like the 5/8 wave can be 2 db
better than the 1/4 wave.
Looking at the radiation angle graphs it shows the 5/8 has more gain at lower
radiation angles in particular.
If you were doing your comparison on long haul contacts it makes sense that the
5/8 would do better.

Bob
K6UJ

Topband Reflector