Re: Topband: Thanks!

To: Charlie Cunningham <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Thanks!
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 01:35:11 -0500
Hi Charlie,

You are right, and you can thank Jim, K9YC for that. I used 14 turns of
CAT5 on a 2.4" OD #31 ferrite core, per his suggestion. Photo attached.

Out of all the info I have ever read on ferrite materials and common-mode
chokes --either in print or on the Web-- Jim's info at
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf has been the most valuable to me.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Charlie Cunningham <
charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I would think 31 material would be great for RF control and suppression on
> things like CAT5 cables, telephone circuits, audio circuits etc.!
>
> Regards,
> Charlie, K4OTV

All good topband ops know how to put up a beverage at night.
Topband Reflector