Re: Topband: Thanks!

To: <dospicos@q.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Thanks!
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 13:35:23 -0400
Hi, Dean

Well good luck in your hunt.

Over the years I've found many uses for various Fair-Rite cores at HF. If you
get the larger beads/tubes thatwill fit over RG-213 etc. you can make excellent
1:1 current baluns by slipping them over the cable before putting the connector
on. You can hold them in place with "wire-ties". The ferrite is completely
impervious to weather as far as I can tell.

I've also used Fair-Rite cores to construct the input matching transformer in
my home-brew 3-500Z amp and I've used smaller binocular cores to wind matchng
transformers for 160 receiving loops.

So, many applications for the cores - not just on Topband!  :-)

Have a good afternoon!

Charlie, K4OTV