Re: Topband: Covered /bare antennn wire

To: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>, "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Covered /bare antennn wire
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:17:55 -0500

Tom,

Thank you for your research and information. You have me convinced

My much lower BOG Beverage has a better signal to noise than my taller Beverages in storm events. This aligns to your research.

73
Bruce-K1FZ

That has nothing to do with the P-static itself. The BOG is coupled closely to ground and the elevation angle signal lobe increases. I use elevated and BOG Beverages and see no correlation to P-static but the BOG's have much less local neighborhood crud which is vertically polarized; they always have a better SNR but do not hear the long haul pee weak DX at all most of the time. Both have their purpose in any weather. OTOH all my runs are thru deep woods and not wide open fields so maybe that is a factor.

Carl
KM1H