Re: Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching
From: Buck wh7dx <wh7dx@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:17:19 -1000
Thanks guys.

It sounds like the DX and MFJ are out because of Watt limitations (200W?).

There are two Front End Savers so far..

KD9SV Front End Saver and  OK1RR Saver

And there's this.. which sounds simple if I want to use my Yaesu 987 for the
Beverage RX only.   No changes to main rig config.   Just add Box to Yaesu
Ant.??

ICE PRODUCT - RF Limit - Signal Protector (just saw this)   Limit to S-9 +60DB?
 With lightning arrestor for $60.

>>Here is a trick unit that is ideal for serious listeners on HF, VHF, and UHF.
>>Receiver protector limits input RF signal threshold at any frequency at
>>0.3VRMS to protect receiver front end from damage due to nearby transmitted
>>fields. Receiver still acts normally and measured signal strength is not
>>affected.
Circuit uses a multi-stage design of transformer saturation coupling and
current limiters. Models 196 and 198 are receive RF limiting only, while models
197 and 199 offer the same but with our constant-drain, capacitor-blocked
lightning arrestor technology built in to the same unit.

For all receivers, especially the new broadband super-sensitive solid state
units. Low frequency models are fitted with RCA pin connectors while high
frequency units are BNC. N connectors available on request. Chassis measure
(HWD) 1" x 2" x 3", weight one pound, packed with 4 page owner's manual / data
sheet.<<

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is
proprietary to Mr. & Mrs. B and is intended for use only by the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, or where ever the hell it ends up, and will
almost certainly contain information that will offend a large portion of the
population, which isn't our concern. If you are not the intended lucky
recipient, or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without the
proper authority of the Wizard of Email or Al Gore, you are notified that any
thought, use, or consumption of this email is entirely your choice. In such
case, Bon Appetit....    Note:  A $.02 Internet Tax was charged for receiving
this email and all funds were given to some family somewhere in America or the
U.N....  Have a nice day.