Re: Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching

To: "'Buck wh7dx'" <wh7dx@hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:46:40 -0200
Hello Bryan

I am very happy with KD9SV products, are very good and easy to use. I have
"DXPedition II" box to select my beverages. FES protection, preamp and you
can use it also with radios with no RX capability

http://www.radio-ware.com/products/svdxii.htm

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 10:37 -1000, Buck wh7dx wrote:
> I need to figure out what's the best way to connect a beverage antenna for
RX and my dipole for TX.

> I have a TS-570 and I can use the Antenna 1 & 2 connection - but then I'd
need to manually remember to switch when transmitting etc.  don't want to
damage the beverage.

> I have a Yaesu 987 that I can use as a dedicated Beverage RX but I'm
concerned about overload from TX antenna nearby.

> I'm using a 811H with about 400-600W showing up on my meter.
>
> I use a DX 4 port switch for my 40,80,160 and HEX.   So run the Beverage
to Antenna 2 or Yaesu?

> A friend mentioned, that If I'm going to use a foot pedal.. perhaps wiring
the PTT? to the Yaesu to switch it into TX with no MIC.. I haven't looked
that up yet.  Basically, protecting RX by going into TX and no output??

> I've seen this MFJ device which sounds like it might work?
>
> http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1708
>
> There is also this DX Engineering device that might work?
>
> http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-rtr-1
>

> It seems to me that most are using a Beverage and TX so it must be very
common and simple?

> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Bryan
>

> [CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email
is proprietary to Mr. & Mrs. B and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, or where ever the hell it
ends up, and will almost certainly contain information that will offend a
large portion of the population, which isn't our concern. If you are not the
intended lucky recipient, or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to
you without the proper authority of the Wizard of Email or Al Gore, you are
notified that any thought, use, or consumption of this email is entirely
your choice. In such case, Bon Appetit....    Note:  A $.02 Internet Tax was
charged for receiving this email and all funds were given to some family
somewhere in America or the U.N....  Have a nice day.