Re: Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching
From: Buck wh7dx <wh7dx@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:37:18 -1000
I need to figure out what's the best way to connect a beverage antenna for RX
and my dipole for TX.

I have a TS-570 and I can use the Antenna 1 & 2 connection - but then I'd need
to manually remember to switch when transmitting etc.  don't want to damage the
beverage.

I have a Yaesu 987 that I can use as a dedicated Beverage RX but I'm concerned
about overload from TX antenna nearby.

I'm using a 811H with about 400-600W showing up on my meter.

I use a DX 4 port switch for my 40,80,160 and HEX.   So run the Beverage to
Antenna 2 or Yaesu?

A friend mentioned, that If I'm going to use a foot pedal.. perhaps wiring the
PTT? to the Yaesu to switch it into TX with no MIC.. I haven't looked that up
yet.  Basically, protecting RX by going into TX and no output??

I've seen this MFJ device which sounds like it might work?

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1708

There is also this DX Engineering device that might work?

http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-rtr-1

It seems to me that most are using a Beverage and TX so it must be very common
and simple?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Bryan

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is
proprietary to Mr. & Mrs. B and is intended for use only by the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, or where ever the hell it ends up, and will
almost certainly contain information that will offend a large portion of the
population, which isn't our concern. If you are not the intended lucky
recipient, or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without the
proper authority of the Wizard of Email or Al Gore, you are notified that any
thought, use, or consumption of this email is entirely your choice. In such
case, Bon Appetit....    Note:  A $.02 Internet Tax was charged for receiving
this email and all funds were given to some family somewhere in America or the
U.N....  Have a nice day.