Re: Topband: Fishing beacons redux

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Fishing beacons redux
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 14:38:14 -1000
They do not change freq out here in KH6,   if they did how in the world
would the boat know where to look for the beacon and DF it to find the
net??

They run on a cycle,  usually giving the ID and a carrier about 3 times, and
then go QRT for some time,  coming on again later to repeat the cycle.
I have dealt with them for 10 plus years here in KH6 and have never ever
had one stop because I transmitted on top of it,  and I have tried.

In fishing season I have them every 5 to 10KHZ across the entire 160 band
from weak to over S9.
Merv K9FD/KH6