Re: Topband: 160m vertical with "top loading"

To: k3bu@optimum.net
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m vertical with "top loading"
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 11:47:08 -0700
I tried to read this article, but it had equal parts of truth
and fiction.  (The fictional parts were duly noted, but it is
still confusing).  It would be a lot more readable if you just stated
what is now known to be true.  The two ammeter photo is shocking.
I never would have thought that was happening.  I still don't
understand the theory of where the current goes, but I can't
argue with the photo.  Come to think of it, in a Tesla coil,
the current at the top is also not the same as the current at
the bottom.  The comments about loading coil Q not
being critical are also surprising.  I have always used top
based on this corrected information.

Rick N6RK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK