Re: Topband: 160m vertical with "top loading"

To: Stein Roar Brobakken <s-roabr@online.no>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m vertical with "top loading"
From: Lup Schlueter <dj7sw@kcag.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:48:57 +0000
Ho

i guess you are talking about a spider pole not a beam?
Look what is done in your country with poles:

http://www.comrod.com/getfile.php/Utvikling/AT101D_S%2023042009.pdf

If the hat wires are to long, you end up with a kind of windom with
"glassfever feedsystem.
Best you modell it....before errecting.;-)

55/Lup DJ7SW

Am 20.04.2011 17:11, schrieb Stein Roar Brobakken:
> Hi
>
> We are going to install a 18m spiderbeam @ LA9TJA for use for 160m
>
> We been studying different top loading configurations, but we can't have the
> wires stringed from the top because it will break the spiderbeam ;)
>
> So our plan was to take this 18m and have it high in a tree.. maybe have
> totally 24 m or more vertical part feed via a loading coil or similar
> network in the bottom 2 m above ground.
>
> 2nd plan was to have 2-3 wires out of the spiderbeam on level from 6 to 10 m
> from bottom of the spiderbeam..
> There is then left about 12m to 8m of the vertical wire from this loading
> wires VS the vertical remaining part of vertical wire..
>
> After I my readings about vertical top loading the loading wires cannot be
> longer then the vertical part ?
>
> In my opion is that the loading wires can't be placed too far down to the
> vertical element, as I remember they have to be high as possible to "act" as
> capacitive loading on the element...
> Some guy wrote that the loading wires can be 1/8 wl maximum from the "end "
> of the vertical element... but since we  use this spiderbeam and it is not a
> fully 1/4 wavelength on 160m...
> Is it ok that we are mouting the loading wires 8m from the end of the
> vertical part ( 10m from bottom of the spiderbeam) and 2-3 x 11 meter of
> than the remaining vertical element ?
>
> I think we should shorten them so they are shorter then vertical element and
> maybe have 3-4 of them... so we can have max vertical radiation..
>

> 73 LA6FJA Rag

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK