Topband: 'Spud Gun'

To: "Topband reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 'Spud Gun'
From: "Tom Boucher" <tom@telemetry.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:40:58 -0000
Can anyone give me more information on Gary's 'Spud Gun'? I have been using an
angler's catapult, with monofilament line, for years to put my topband wire
halyards over trees, but the limit is about 60 ft and the catapult is not too
accurate.

BTW I have found that nylon rope is much better than Dacron or Polypropylene
for halyards over trees as it is much tougher and just won't break. Dacron
(also known as Terylene or Polyester) will abraid on the tree branch and
eventually wear through. Polypropylene is cheap and very readily available but
is attacked by UV and gets very weak after a while.

73
Tom G3OLB
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK