Re: Topband: suitable wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: suitable wire
From: Jonathan white <jonathan.white20@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:56:15 +0000
A big thanks to everyone who posted.
Firstly the top wire is mechanically failing  , I think due to
wear/abrasion ,also I  dont think there is enough movement in the
elastic cords .
I use the usual precautions for reliving stress at connection points,
the thing is there is a solder joint in the flexiweave that has shrink
wrap applied but that is fine.
So after reading all the letters its going to be copper weld,remove the
elastics and go back to using sash weights.
Someone asked if the vertical was tube,no its h/d 300 ohm feeder joined
up top/bottom .
Got myself a decent slingshot/catapult yesterday as I broke the last
one,ha ha.
Just a slightly different,antenna my home brew 44` vertical  Cebbik
vertical   works  a treat one I optimized the feeder length.long live
open wire feeders ;-)

Thanks again
                      Jon G8CCL
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK