Re: Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M
From: Kenneth Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:16:53 -0500
This is way cool.  Are there similar sites in Asia/Pac?  Or is others around
the world?

73, Kenny K2KW

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:38:21 -0330
From: "Frank" <fdavis@nfld.net>
Subject: Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M
To: <topband@contesting.com>

Last night I was alerted by Gus VO1MP of some new SDR websites in Europe .
Check HB9FX: http://hb9fx-websdr.dyndns.org/ and also a seven rx site in
Trent at: http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

It was facinating to listen to 160M from a receiver based in Europe.
Tremendously strong sigs in the PC speaker.   I called CQ on 1815 and worked
a few Eu stations by listening to their signals on the European SDR  not on
my shack rx.  The guys I worked were good copy on my K9AY and FT1KMP but I
just turned down the AF gain.   I could also hear my own signal coming back
through the SDR even though I could only see the faintest of lines on the
waterfall display.   Surprising to me were the many NA stations very strong
with me not being heard on the Eu SDR.  Don't know yet what kind of antennas
are being used over there.

This may be old news to many  but check it out!

73 Frank VO1HP
"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX