Re: Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M

To: fdavis@nfld.net, topband@contesting.com, PaulKB8N@aol.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 04:58:37 -0800 (PST)
I agree with Paul. This is a nice tool to check out antenna changes. You can
see if you've improved your signal into a targeted area.

I also see the possibility of abuse during contests, if it isn't already
happening.

As to diminishing existing accomplishments, I speculate that has been said with
every technological advance. We're all standing on the shoulders of someone who
discovered a better way of doing it. I'm sure even Stew would have loved to
have his hands on the receivers we consider common and the improvements in Rx
antennas. Of course, I'd love to go back to the 70s, without LORAN, with all
the ham operators who were located in what are "rare" DXCC now working the Top
Band ;o)

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas