Topband: RE66 in the SP test

To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE66 in the SP test
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:07:12 +1300
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the Stew, and even managed to beat my own
record, working 85 QSO's.  For those 85 though, I guess I must have sent
my grid RE66 about a thousand times.  I have been wondering why it
seemed so difficult to get across, and I have found the same in previous
years.

Is it that  the grid is unexpected, not beginning with C, D, E, or F?  ;-)

Is it that the double 6 at the end is difficult to copy?

Does the single dit get lost between the R and 66?

Several guys got it right on the 1st or second attempt, but then didn't
seem to believe that they had it, and asked for cfm a couple of times.
One even got the cfm, and then started again with nr agn!!!

Anyone any ideas?

73, Greg, ZL3IX
"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX