Re: Topband: Low Dipole for RX

To: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Low Dipole for RX
From: Art <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:36:39 -0600
I use exactly that, a full size 10 ft high 160 dipole. It is fed with 75
ohm coax and 100 beads at the feed point. Its effectiveness depends on
the signal --  and I'm not about to take it down. (Other rx ants, a pair
of 2 wire Beverages and the tx ground plane).  Its especially nifty for
diversity reception on the K3 for signals audible on both Beverage and
dipole. My match is good enough for tx on low power. Also useful on
bands other than 160.

73 Art K6XT