Topband: Band alive and well

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Band alive and well
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 06:52:57 -1000
I missed sunrise today, was going to be up and looking for
TX5 or 3D20 etc.  but missed.  About 15 mins after my
sunrise copy on XV3RRC was 599 and he answered my
call in the pile up.
I tuned to the pile up freq and there were many calling, could
hear some EU stations and JT1CO was loud,  many others.
This was 30 mins or more after sunrise,  so the path must
have been open to at least northern EU earlier.

Apologize to all still looking for KH6 for not being active
on top band this season.  My XYL is dealing with Melanoma cancer
and we have to be off island in Honolulu every couple weeks
for treatments,  so my time on the band and antenna work
has been slow and stopped for a year so far.  I hope this will
improve soon.  Appreciate all the good wishes and prayers
that have been sent.

When active I will be on the ON4 chat room and happy to make
skeds from there.  Hope to see you all on top band soon.
73 Merv KH7C