Re: Topband: Spam: Re: Low Dipole for RX

To: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>, "GALE STEWARD" <k3nd@yahoo.com>, "topband reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Spam: Re: Low Dipole for RX
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:33:29 -0700
>Hardy N7RT wrote:

>I put one up here in AZ and it was a waste of time & energy. But Robin
(he
>has a 6 call but I can't remember what it is) used one at XZ and said
it
>worked fantastic. I guess you need to try and see.

I had one here for a few years and it, too, was a waste of time and
energy. I never once used it to work a station I could not hear better
on another antenna. However, others have reported different results.
Try it and see, but don't be surprised if it does not work well.

The very best low noise antenna I ever had was 300 feet of 18 GA pick up
wire nailed to a fence 3 feet high and fed directly with coax, with the
shield left floating. That antenna worked GREAT toward JA until my
neighbor made me take it down!

73,

Bob/AA6VB