Re: Topband: QSB surfing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QSB surfing
From: "pc5m, Carel" <pc5m@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:28:59 +0100
> >   Maybe send KV KV KV4 KV4 but at times it doesn't make a dent in
> > changing the stations perception that he has
> >  the call correctly.

One way of eliminating wrongly copied calls/reports etc is to just add some
sort of "checksum"  character to it. In the era with computers everywhere it
is easy to add to your exchange some calculated value of your complete
exchange (your call, report, nr if applicable etc) and bring that down to
one character (add all characters and modulo it with 26 or so), the other
station will  do the same and if something is miscopied the checksum will
(almost always) fail....burden of it is of course one additional character
to bring through...

In that way we could almost eliminate all after contest checking stuff :-)

gl, Carel, pc5m