Re: Topband: QSB surfing

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QSB surfing
From: "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbs@surfvi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:02:16 -0400
Gary wrote.....>
>  If you think he got your  call wrong - send your call ONLY again and make
him send it right before  going on.  The reason for this - is that once you
send an RST - and it is  copied on the other end - the QSO is going to
"complete" without any control on your part.>

 So many times the DX (sometimes a new country or DX-Pedition) comes back to
 me as K4VFZ and no matter how many times I send my call I get back "K4VFZ R
 R 599 TU QRZ"  I have tried QRS and QRQ but when a station has it in his
 mind that I am K4VFZ rather than KV4FZ  he has made up his mind, don't
confuse him with the facts, so its on to the next station.  What do I do
about this?  Maybe send KV KV KV4 KV4 but at times it doesn't make a dent in
changing the stations perception that he has
 the call correctly.  BTW there is no station licensed as K4VFZ or he would
have 160 meter DXCC by now without even going on TB.

 Strange but true.

 Herb, KV4FZ