Re: Topband: beverage dc ground resistance

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: beverage dc ground resistance
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:23:16 -0800
Earth is pretty lossy most places. An ohmeter measuring the series
circuit that includes earth and my 600 ft Beverage read about 20K
ohms before adding the termination. They're in a dense redwood
forest, which I'm guessing is probably slightly better than average
ground conductivity, and it was at the end of a dry part of a very
wet year (no rain for about four months) when I made the
measurement. I have about 7 ft of a copper clad rod in the ground on
both ends, no radials.

73,

Jim K9YC