Topband: Butternut HF6V worked

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Butternut HF6V worked
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:22:23 -0600
I didn't have an antenna for the contest so I loaded my old Butternut HF-6V
just to see if I could make any contact at all.
Surprising to me it did pretty well considering.

Farthest contact was VE5UF heard many more DX but they could not hear me.

Anyway moral to the story. If you want to do 160 start trying stuff.
That's what I did and according to theory shouldn't have worked anyone.

Operating Time (hrs): 2.02

Total:  QSOs = 33  Sections = 21  Countries = 0  Total Score = 1,386

Not bad for "no antenna"

If your waiting on the perfect antenna before getting on 160 stop it and just
try stuff.

You may be surprised what you come up with :)

73,
Bob AD5VJ