Re: Topband: Beverage question

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"Topband" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage question
From: "Ian Keyser" <ian.keyser@btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:36:53 -0000
My 280 metre Bev is run through a hedge at about 1.5m high and works
perfectly well with one disadvantage..... there is a wire fence in the hedge
as well about 0.5m below it...... it fires both ways terminated or not!

It's still got a better S/N than the Marconi T though, and that's the most
important thing.

My K9AY loops are marginally better S/N, but I've adjusted them for optimum
F/B.... about 15dB at a few degrees elevation.

Have you though of building K9AY loops.   I've got them strung from an 8m
pole in my wood.... a lot easier than stringing multiple beverages!

73

Ian G3ROO