Re: Topband: Stew Perry Contest

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Contest
From: Augie Hansen <augie.hansen@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:42:14 -0700
Hi Robb,

> I worked top band for the first time in the Stew Perry Contest.

Congratulations on getting on 160m.  It's a fun band, even from a small city
lot like mine.  I ran my K2 at 5 watts to a shunt-fed 60 foot tower. Worked
51 contacts in limited part-time S&P participation -- most contacts being >
1000 km away from my Denver QTH, including three Canadian provinces.

> My question is, I used WL to log the contest, but cannot turn it into a
> presentable log
>
> Can someone advise me on how to turn WL log into something Stew Perry comittee
> need ??

I had a similar problem as the latest CT version doesn't support the SP TBDC
either. I used the ARRL VHF contest logging format to dupe-check and capture
the grids and then edited the resulting Cabrillo format log to match the
following sample:

    http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/stew.txt

It took a couple of tries, but I got a successful submission based on this
template with one change. The robot rejected the line that shows
"CATEGORY-ASSISTED:   NON-ASSISTED".  Maybe I made a typing error, but the
submission was accepted without that line.  Also, I didn't enter the line
"CLAIMED-SCORE: ..." because the scores will be calculated for you.

Hope to contact you on 160m soon,

Gus Hansen / KB0YH