Re: Topband: buried radial problems.

To: "Enzo" <ik3swb@tiscali.it>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: buried radial problems.
From: "George & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:40:46 -0500
Enzo, etc.,

I agree with Don, K5AQ. The MFJ 259B is can be overloaded by nearby AM broadcast stations. My suggestion is to try the measurements at night when the station is off the air.

Otherwise get a better bridge. General Radio or what Don suggested.

Otherwise use a low power RF signal and SWR bridge to try to find best resonance.

As to radials, insulating them does not require any grounding at the outside end. There is plenty of capacitive coupling to the earth along the wires.

73 Happy Holidays

George - K8GG