Re: Topband: buried radial problems.

To: "Doug Waller" <NX4D@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: buried radial problems.
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:23:07 -0800 (PST)
> But the Kinstar patent changes all the rules.  By separately feeding 4 to
> 6
> short verticals with individual coax feeds, the radiation resistance of
> each

If you simply model a top loaded ("T" type) vertical on EZNEC, you
can see that if you get enough top loading wire in the air, you can
get the drive impedance up about as high as you want. This has nothing
to do with multiple conductors, cages, or patents.  My reading of
the Kinstar patent is that, due to symmetry, there should be no voltage
between the 4 conductors, thus they can be shorted together with
no change in performance.  If you do that, you get a conventional
antenna.

Rick N6RK