RE: Topband: 160m noise

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: 160m noise
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:53:45 -0500
Jim:

I regretted the use of the term "sloppy" as soon
as I hit the Enter key, but of course it was gone
by then!

I wasn't intending to disparage the use of multi-
turn chokes. What my early-morning brain was trying
to express was that there are better commonly-
available materials than #43 for the specified job
between 1.0 and 30 MHz (where most of us are
interested).

I'll defer to your experience. Given the availability
of #43, #61, #73, or #77 toroids (all of which are
commonly available), which would be your first
choice? (Fair-Rite also recommends #31, but it
does not appear to be available in toroid form).

73,

Jeff Maass  K8ND