RE: Topband: Two Wire Beverage Query...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: RE: Topband: Two Wire Beverage Query...
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:54:52 +0000

It seems to me that I've seen some discussion about running a wire on the ground along the length of a beverage to connect the grounds between the feedpoint and the termination...would another run of wire help?

Ford-N0FP

I think that wire on the ground under the beverage is an urban legend started by Vic, W1WCR in his publication on the topic. I tried it once, and all I noticed was more noise pickup. Does anyone have any documentation that this has ever worked?

Don K4KYV