Re: Topband: Two Wire Beverage Query...

To: <Topband@contesting.com>, "Missouri Guy, N0TT" <n0tt1@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two Wire Beverage Query...
From: "Milt Jensen, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:37:32 -0700
From: "Missouri Guy, N0TT" <n0tt1@juno.com>
To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 8:22 PM

> In another post RE salt water and Beverages,  another OP said
> (in effect) that he was told a Beverage doesn't work well on an island
> surrounded by salt water.  Folklore?  Does anyone have any facts to
> back that up?
>
> 73,
> Charlie
> N0TT

Charlie,

My personal experience at XZ0A was that the Bevs worked extremely well on
the island.  However, I did try one at a secluded, isolated spot along the
shore where in some places at high tide the salt water was under the
element.  That one did NOT work.

For photos of the DXped including the working Bevs in the jungle foilage, go
to www.eaars.com/milt and select XZ0A Slide Show.  The RX antenna photos
begin at # 115 and include the famous heliport "LOW" dipole which performed
so fabulously on the SE arriving skew angle signals at sunset.

Milt, N5IA