RE: RE: Topband:mode separation...small stndx oppty

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: RE: Topband:mode separation...small stndx oppty
From: "Chuck Hutton" <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:46:37 -0700
I don't think the DSL is likely to cause interference. The common
implementation (OFDM) and the less common implementation (CAP) both occupy
spectrum up to just above 1.1 MHz.

As for "notches", only OFDM can do that, and it does it by looking at the
S/N for each subcarrier individually and if a subcarrier has a constant
problem that particular subcarrier is simply is not used. But that
capability is only used to avoid interference from MW broadcast stations due
to the spectrum used. BPL does indeed have notches (from some manufacturers)
for amateur bands - perhaps you were thinking of that?

There's always the possibility of interference from routers, switches, the
DSL modem and cabling past the DSL modem.

Chuck