Topband: Stew Perry

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry
From: RobandPJ@compuserve.com (Robert G. Flory)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:21:31 -0400
Hello Topbanders,

Fun to read the results of the 99 TBDC.

I hope that the organizers will not change the the event too much.

It is nice to have an event that is different from the other 160m contests.
 The winners have been from all different parts of the world, and have used
different power levels.  Who can predict the winners?  Will it be a high
power entry from Europe, a QRP station from USA, or a 100w from the
Pacific?  This makes it interesting, and a contrast to say the CQ160(I'm
not knocking it, it is my favorite)  where your money is safe if you bet
that one of 3 stations will win.  We really won't know how this thing will
play out until we see how it runs in different conditions.  Hopefully it
will still be recognizable by the time the sunspot minimum comes around.

For there to be a record number of entrants in a year with conditions that
favored pushing the 'OFF' button speaks to the popularity of it.

73, Rob K2WI