TopBand: Paths to XZ1N

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Paths to XZ1N
From: kenkeeler@jazznut.com (ken keeler)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:18:11 -0800
I've noticed the XZ1 coming from both the SW and NW over the past three
weeks.  I first worked him near my sunrise 1455Z, to the NW, copyable only
on a 800' beverage in that direction.  He called me Saturday morning of the
ARRL contest at 1400z when I was beaming SW, hoping to draw out our VK6
friends.  The XZ was copyable on both the 4 Square (S8 -at the noise level)
and West beverage (10 dB s/n). No trace to the NW on any antenna.  I
haven't been on enough mornings to see a pattern of path changes - maybe
there isn't one!  The best thing is their persistence in being there most
days.  Thanks, Dick N6FF for the updates.

Any ARRL score rumors from some of the usual suspects - K1ZM, K5NA, etc,
other than those posted on 3830?  73, N6RO