TopBand: Paths to XZ1N

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Paths to XZ1N
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 08:26:59 EST
In a message dated 12/12/98 7:57:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
btippett@alum.MIT.EDU writes:

>  That's close to what I've seen.  I've now copied them distinctly on ALL
>  7 of my Beverages at 30, 65, 90, 140, 195, 280 and 330 degrees at both
>  sunset and sunrise openings!

I have seen the same thing from VE1ZZ's place, signals coming from 30 to 180
deg, peaking at 40 deg (best Jack's Beverage terminated in the salt water),
spent over an hour calling in the WW CW contest (VA1A) - no luck. At the times
peaked at S8.
Interesting, I typically can't get through to about 10 multipliers, and miss
about 10 that are on, never hearing them. - like smelling the violets with gas
mask on!

Yuri Blanarovich
K3BU, VA1A, VE1BY, VE3BMV