TopBand: Tuning 2 tuners

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Tuning 2 tuners
From: michon@eatel.net (Michael Michon)
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 21:15:15 -0700
We have just built a link coupled tuner for 160 meters, pretty much
according to inormation on W4RNL's web page, and it works.

The next step is to build one more and then we will be ready to install
them in December at our site in MS for the 160 meter CW contest.

We use a 1/4 wave vertical fed with 500 ohm open wire.  The idea of the
tuners was to do unblanced/balanced/tuning at the transmitter and balanced
/unbalanced/tuning? at the antenna.

Anybody know what we tune for if we start at antenna?? Lowest SWR, 500
ohms?? THe vertical is about 100 ohms on AES Analyzer.  I hate to think
about tuning 2 tuners at once, seperated by 900 feet.

How about a neon bulb, bulbs in series with the feed lines and tune for
maximum brightness???

It's too many vatriables.

Any Ideas??

Mike Michon