TopBand: A different type of balanced feed.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: A different type of balanced feed.
From: drwilson@queretaro.podernet.com.mx (Dr. Stephen Andrew Wilson)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 00:02:30 -0500
>THe vertical is about 100 ohms on AES Analyzer.  I hate to think
>about tuning 2 tuners at once, seperated by 900 feet.

>Any Ideas??

Dear Mike Michon, AB5XP,

If you have a 100 ohm antenna, then feed it with a 100 ohm balanced line.
How?
Easy.  Take two paralel EQUAL LENGTH coax 50-ohm lines.  Connect the two
centers
to the balanced outputs on your tuner and the 2 shields to ground.  At the
antenna end,
take the 2 shields and tie them together and to the ground rod.  Tie one
coax center
to the ground radial system and the other to the vertical.  I used the
double coax idea
some years back on an 80-meter doublet and found that it was MUCH quieter
then
open wire or ladder line on RX.

Hope this helps.

Stephen Wilson, XE1UFO